Are werewolves real?

YES. I am now convinced that werewolves exist or existed in some form and are real.

Here’s my proof:

In almost every ancient culture I look up, I find some reference to some kind of a dog-headed being or “werewolf”. For example, in Greek mythology you have the story of Lycaon (an evil spirit?) who transforms into a wolf. In Latvian mythology you have the Vilkacis – an evil being similar to a werewolf. The Native American legends have a “werecoyote”. You have the German fairy tales Märchen, were people transform. The Serbs and Slovenes believed that certain birthmarks were the indicator of people able to transform (most commonly into wolves). In Russia, even a prince – Prince Vseslav of Polotsk was supposed to be a werewolf who prowled the night.

And seriously, the list goes on and on through every culture that you can think of, there is some kind of reference to a werewolf. So, clearly the question is begging to be asked…are werewolves real?  What I’ve found, is that when there is something like that, that keeps showing up in culture after culture, there is some truth to it. It originated somewhere. Now, I’m not saying that they necessarily exist today – I don’t know, though I imagine they very well might. But I’m saying that they for sure must have existed and have been real at some point. How could every culture have made this up by themselves????  Are werewolves real?  Review the information, then you be the judge.

1. Lee Ann says:

@Briana: what are you suffering from lmao

2. Briana says:

@Lee Ann:
    It’s a curse ok it’s not a blessing

3. Lee Ann says:

That was… the best…response… oh my god I cant breath Im laughing so hard

4. Madd Dogg says:

yes there arw werewolves there are diseases that can make you act like a wolf and there is as well black magic witch can aswell

5. Madd Dogg says:

huh…. the rescue chopper for the hospital just went over head

6. We all have beliefs and I believe that they are not real. But I do not criticize people.

7. Briana says:

@Lee Ann:
    I feel sorry for you I do

8. Anonymous says:

Seriously everyone, if werewolves or werepeople wanted to be found they would show themselves. No wonder why they would hide if they are real. Who wants to be experimented on or locked in a cage? Or questioned twenty four seven? Not me, so everyone if u believe in werewolves (i do) good for you. Believe. But think about this why would werewolves show themselves if we are just gonna bombard them with questions or run away frightened?

9. mate says:

If they are real ..do they have mates and an alpha also a beta?

10. Wolfie says:

@mate:nope and im not drunk im just a very odd kid who knows alot about lycanthropes.

11. Lee Ann says:

@Wolfie: You don’t though…

12. Lycanhope says:

@Anonymous: The concern is touching, but none of those are dangers for us. Those are movie things.
    @mate: Some of us refer to their partners as mates, though I personally have no idea why, and some like to look for an Alpha type figure, but they’re not common and certainly not required.

13. Anonymous says:

Dear Lycanhope,
    I have a question for you, you don’t have to answer, if you don’t feel like it. In your last comment you said and I quote, ‘Dangers for us’ Deos that mean you are a shapeshifter?(not my question) My question is If you are a shapeshifter why would you risk exposure by answering people’s questions and inferring to yourself as a werewolf, couldn’t that be dangerous?

14. Lycanhope says:

@anonymous: No problem at all.
    Yes, I am a shifter.
    I’m not concerned by exposure because there’s nothing to be concerned about. I try hard to kill of this rumour wherever I find it, as it just tends to freak out the new people.
    There are no hunters, no government conspiracy (well at least none concerning us, guaranteed someone somewhere is working on it), and no reason to be hiding or concerned. It’s all just bad press, intentionally ir unintentionally spread by trolls or people meaning well, as is the case here.

15. Lycanhope says:

*off *or. Sorry for the typos, on my phone.

16. nightwolf says:

@anonymous:sorry for budding in
    its not like we’re going to be like super heros or anything….we just want to live a normal life….at least that what most want

17. @nightwolf: and some of us want to live a wolf life like i

18. anonamouse says:

I have a question I have people in my heritage that where shape shifters and was wondering if my kids could have the gene?

19. Lycanhope says:

@anonamouse: No, it’s not genetic. They may be shapeshifters, but it wouldn’t be hereditary, just coincidental.

20. anonamouse says:

I think that my oldest daughter is a shape shifter

21. anonamouse says:

@Lycanhope: what is the age that they start shifting

22. Lycanhope says:

@anonamouse: When they start working on it.

23. nightwolf says:

@fire alpha: thats why i said “MOST of us”

24. Lycanhope says:

@ForestFire: Just because you want something, doesn’t mean you can have it. Trust me, I know that intimately.