Being Misunderstood

One of the most frustrating parts of being a werewolf is constantly being misunderstood. Typically, with humans, one of the most common causes of being misunderstood is due to some type of communication problem. The general remedy that is prescribed is clearer communication. But as a werewolf, this typically will not work for you. You come into most human situations with a handicap – before you’ve even communicated with any human, they typically already have some type of preconceived notions about what a werewolf is and does. You’re already being misunderstood and you haven’t even said or done anything!

Being misunderstood, especially for seemingly no reason, can be difficult to live with on a daily basis. It can cause anger, frustration, annoyance, and in general put you in a bad mood if you don’t know how to deal with these emotions. This extra emotion can make being a werewolf – especially if you are new to it – very difficult and stressful.

The first step you need to take to cope with being misunderstood, is understand where the misunderstandings are coming from. With humans, the misunderstandings of werewolf life are often fed to them from movies and novels. Understanding that humans do not know any better, while it does not stop the problem of being misunderstood, can certainly help you control your emotions. You must understand that humans are not necessarily directing their misunderstandings at you because of anything you did, but because of misinformation that they have grown up with from the media. Use this understanding to help yourself understand their misunderstandings and thus help temper your anger and frustrations. If you need more help with anger, you might want to investigate the steps to self control.

The next step in dealing with being misunderstood is working with the frustration which accompanies it. Regardless of if you are able to understand that you are being misunderstood because of something beyond your control, it can still be incredibly frustrating. Chances are that almost every human you meet will have some kind of preconceived notion. This can be extremely frustrating for even the most level-headed individuals, so you must learn to work with this constant frustration. This is a difficult and complex topic to address, however some basic tips that experts agree on for dealing with frustration include: venting (even if it’s just to yourself in private), focus on relaxation techniques (deep breathing, clearing your head, some type of positive outlet), and adjusting your expected outcome of a situation to something more realistic.

The final step in living with being misunderstood, is dealing with the accompanying fear of being misunderstand. Don’t become afraid of entering situations or dealing with humans. This fear can sometimes cause social anxiety, and you must work on it daily. Trust yourself. Know that whatever preconceived notions are hurled at you are just that – unproven, preconceived notions. Relax. You do not fit into any human’s stereotype of a werewolf.

1. Hah. Thats good to hear.. Weird dreams?? Like what??

2. KC says:

@WereWolf101: ok i will tell you one of my dreams i had before i evan came on this site…… i was in a car with one of my best friends and the car was’nt moveing and , i tured around and a white wolf was there and it started to run out the car……before it got there the wolf tune into a human/preson……..and now when i go to bed i still have dreams about werewolves and vampires…….and no its not cos of reading all of this on ilovewerewolves.com……i was haveing dreams before i evan know about this site and its allways with a white wolf in it…..lol and when i wake up i have saw legs arms and hands :/ …… but anyway if you like you can talk more about this if you like …… right now im listed to music

3. Wow, weird dream.. Haha πŸ™‚ I have dreams like that sometimes but I usually have dreams where i’m with a grey wolf.. Strange cuz I don’t know who it is.. O.o

4. Hey! Anyone onn?? πŸ˜€

5. KC says:

@WereWolves101: hey yer it is weid….dose it mean anything….im still haveing dreams like that

6. I would have to say it is your inner wolf telling you something, but its up to you to figure it out..

7. Well I have dreams like that mainly every night because I am a werewolf but if your human, I wouldn’t know it means.. Unless you have some kind of connection with werewolves/wolves.. πŸ™‚

8. *I wouldn’t know what it means, I meant to say..

9. KC says:

@WereWolf101: I have’nt sawed a real wolf yet so i don’t know and if i did have connection with werewolves/wolves how would you know ?? …. because thoses dreams are started to scar me a little bet….last night on aus time i had a dream but i forgot what it was about cos i woke up out 6am and when i woke up i had this srach on my leg but it was only little but i don’t reamber sraching my self or anything like that ,and its still there and when i push on it, it really hurts :/ …… so yer what you been doing …. lol its 6:40pm now πŸ™‚

10. There is nothing to be worried about.. And i’ve just been watching tv and texting some friends.. It’s 3:50 a.m. here.. What are you doing??

11. KC says:

and yer it could be my inner wolf but idk if it is or not …… i don’t evan think im a wolf :/ ……… and if i am yer that will be weid not to make you mad but really idk :/ :/ :/

12. KC says:

nm ……just same old things but yer im worred now

13. Eh, it doesn’t make me mad.. Plus I can control my anger.. Haha.. I’m just wondering, umm how old are you??

14. Why does it worry you?? :/

15. KC says:

so have you shist or do you just know that your a wolf ….. and yer right now im listing to muisc on my computer πŸ™‚

16. KC says:

sorry i car’t tell you how old i am….but the boys who say they are woloves are 16 and im about the same age as them ….. πŸ™‚ and im a girl just in case πŸ˜›

17. I haven’t shifted yet.. What song you listening to?? I was wondering, how old are you??

18. Oh okay.. Haha πŸ™‚

19. KC says:

i said about the same age….and the boys out school is 16…..just in case you have’nt read the messages the boys out our school say they are wolves Elliot Wolf Tate and Erick Indisgeswolf commas

20. Ohhh.. Okay then.. πŸ™‚

21. If you are around their age, then you must be older than me.. Haha πŸ™‚

22. KC says:

im listing to Buffalo Soldier and something in the water love these songs when every i listed to them …so yer you have’nt shist yet but how do you know if your a wolf?

23. KC says:

how old are you then

24. Well many werewolves have told me and I guess you can say my friend accepted me into her pack well her mate did anyways.. She is Alpha Female..