cocorosie werewolf

CocoRosie released a song titled “werewolf” which debuted in 2007 on the third album of the musical groups releases. The title of the American born singers album that the song Werewolf released on was called, The Adventures of Ghosthorse and Stillborn. The voice and tempo of the song are very dramatic and seem very emotional… listen to the song… is the intention for CocoRosie to be a werewolf?

The song and the lyrics of Werewolf by CocoRosie are very interesting, it begins with “In a dream I was a werewolf,” and mentions a “western vampire.” The lyrics need some interpretation of what was happening in the life of the singers at the moment they wrote the song, here are some of the lyrics to Werewolf.

Cosorosie’s Lyrics: Werewolf

In a dream I was a werewolf
My soul was filled with crystal light
Lavender ribbons of rain sang
Ridding my heart of mortal fight
Broken sundown fatherless showdown
Gun hip swollen lip bottle sip yeah i suck dick
Loose grip on gravity falls sky blinding crumbling walls
River sweep away my memories of
Children’s things a young mother’s love
Before the yearning song of flesh on flesh
Young hearts burst open wounds bleed fresh
A young brother skinny and tall my older walks
Oceanward and somber, slumber sleeping
Flowers in the water, but I’m just his daughter
Walking down an icy grave leading to my
Schizophrenic father. Weeping willow won’t you wallow louder
Searching for my father’s power
I’m a shake you off though
Get up on that horse and
Ride into the sunset
Look back with no remorse
He’s a black magic wielder some say a witch
Wielded darkness when he was wilein’ on his mom’s
And born child he was the bastard the that broke
Up the marriage evil doer doing evil from a baby carriage
he was born with the same blue eyes
Crystal ships dripping with ice, diamonds coruscate
In the night fireworks electric bright
And now he’s got his own two sons
Trys to hide his tears in a world of fun
But loveless bedrooms filled with doom
Bring silent heartache July to June
Swoon over new young hot flame
Mourn the memories later
Laugh now alligator
In a dream my father came to me
And made me swear that I’d keep
What’s sacred to me
And if i get the choice to live in his name
I’ll pray my way through the rain
Singing oh happy day
I don’t mean to close the door
But for the record my heart is sore
You blew through me like bullet holes
Left stains on my sheets and stains on my soul
You left me broke down begging for change
Had to catch a ride with a man who’s deranged
He had your hands and my father’s face
Another western vampire
Different time same place
I has dreams that brings me sadness
Rain much deeper than a river
Sorrow flow through me
Tiny waves of shivers
Corny movies make me reminisce
They break me down easy on this generic love shit
First kiss frog and princess
I’m a shake you off though
Get up on that horse and
Ride into the sunset
Look back without remorse

What type of werewolf is CocoRosie singing about on this album? Is it only that she had a dream of being a werewolf?

Werewolf967

I am the second contributor to the ilovewerewolves home. Buddy is the first.

1. Dynomutt says:

I can deffinitely groove to this! A catchy song with interesting, intense lyrics.

2. lee ann says:

I have a view of this post but i would rather not be offensive to those who posted it

3. Aconissa says:

The lyrics are deep… but the song is only ok, sorry.

4. Aconissa says:

Teenage Werewolf by the Remus Lupins is better.

5. lee ann says:

@Werewolf967: Permission to speak freely?

6. Dynomutt says:

Meh, I dunno. I kinda dig the prog/electro/punky movenment that a lot of bands seem to be going with. This is one of the better ones. And yes, I am a huge music snob so I will be discussing this 😛

7. @Dynomutt: yea, i agree, i think the beat is good…makes it kind of dramatic.

8. lee ann says:

alright, k so I think that its really selfish that you guys are posting this as only focusing on the ‘if the singer wanted to be a werewolf’ view of this song. Obviously the songwriter is having a difficult time in their life and is expressing alot more than probably most people can see, I think the fact that the song is called werewolf is because ‘werewolf’ is a little different then what most people think of, cocorosie probably feels seperated from the rest of the world because of everything else thats going on in her/his life currently. You can really see that when you read the song lyrics seperate from the actual music.

9. Dynomutt says:

@lee ann: that’s why the song is good; the lyrics are open to interpritation.

10. Dynomutt says:

@lee ann: That’s why I like the song; the lyrics are open to interpritation.

11. lee ann says:

ya also my mom just noticed that i died my hair

12. @lee ann: I agree. she is expressing alot in this song… “You blew through me like bullet holes Left stains on my sheets and stains on my soul” is one line that really puts it out there. ..
    You are right to separate the lyrics and the song itself…

But i still can figure out her point of why she calls it “werewolf”… anyone?

13. lee ann says:

you can be one person then one thing happens and your something completely different ties in with the common myth a werewolf is a human being but once the full moon comes out they turn into a monster

14. @lee ann: ohh yes… so she is kinda morphing and going through changes..

15. James says:

agreed with leeann on how the songwritter is expressing a difficult time for them.

16. Aconissa says:

Yeah thats a good interpretation lee ann

17. lee ann says:

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo dont agree with me pleeeasee this is why i dont write intelligent posts because it makes sense annd uughhhhhhhhhh *goes off to dig eyes out with spoons*

18. Aconissa says:

uhhh… Sorry? To make up for it Ill buy you some new eyes.

19. knowledge seeker says:

@Werewolf967 will u guys stop with the comment awaiting moderation crap please im sick of seeing your comment is awaiting moderation almost every time i post. please fix it 4 me