girl werewolf

Where is the girl werewolf??

Well, werewolves are often – and mostly – depicted as being male – not only in artists renderings, but also in our minds. Do you believe it? Let’s do a test – if, for example, I was to say the word “werewolf”, what is the first thing that comes to mind? Well, the first thing that comes to mind to a huge chunk of the population is the image of a hulking, well-muscled, sharp-clawed MALE werewolf! This imagery however doesn’t just stop with the word “werewolf” – look at Hollywood – even most current TV shows and movies depict male werewolves! Even the most current and popular movie depicting werewolves in Hollywood – Twilight – includes a pack of male werewolves. (Before I continue on, I do want to point out that I am talking in generalities…there are some notable exceptions that do depict the girl werewolf such as the movie Ginger Snaps which centers around girl werewolfs. Another exception to note is that although the Twilight saga does not really feature girl werewolfs in starring roles, in Stephanie Meyer’s later books in the series, she does introduce – one – yes ONE – girl werewolf.)  With all  exceptions aside, it is unequivocally hard to ignore the fact that the girl werewolf takes a clear backstage to the male werewolf.

Does the girl werewolf exist?

Yes, the girl werewolf does exist. There are however a few different reasons that she is not very well-known.  One of the reasons you do not hear much about her is that, humans want to hear about the male werewolf.  They are intrigued by the powerful male that seems to have so much more power than they do.  The girl werewolf just doesn’t interest them as much as they tend to think – unrightly and not truly so – that she is weaker and not so different from them.  Second, the girl werewolf tends to be more protective of her identity than the opposite gender.  While all werewolves have trust issues, the girl werewolf is especially protective, meaning that there are fewer girl werewolves that share their secret, and thus fewer humans that know she exists.  Third, while the girl werewolf does indeed exist, they exist in smaller numbers in the population than the male werewolf.

1. Aconissa says:

Buddy, you are so right, girl-werewolves rarely ever turn up in popular culture. This may be because we continue to live in a male-centric society, but ginger snaps and twilight may be proof that that is beginning to change. So, I say, GO SHE-WEREWOLVES!

2. Aconissa says:

Also, I just found out, the tv show Merlin has made an episode which features a female werewolf, who Merlin falls in love with. Times are changing!

3. Buddy says:

@Aconissa: Merlin falls in love with a werewolf?! Cool! I will definitely check that out!

4. Re-searcha says:

werewolves been excited at watching other werewolves on tv. That’s like me saying i’m excited at watching a human being on tv. Look the only reason why you want to watch a movie about a werewolf and feel excitement about it is because you are not a werewolf and you watching it is interesting. So in otherwords I should do cart wheels and be brimming with anticipation to watch a movie where merlin falls in love with a person. Once in a while you lot forget yourselves and just show that you are demented wretches, going on a prolonged fantasy that you don’t want to out grow.

5. @Aconissa: I’m going to try to find it! sounds interesting.

6. Aconissa says:

@Re-searcha: Look, re-searcha, we all know you think we are wrong. So stop telling us! Do you have to spend your free time bagging people and insulting them? I mean, seriously! Just cut it out!

7. elsin says:

The movie curse also shows a female werewolf.

8. Aconissa says:

@elsin: Oh yeah, thanks for pointing that out! The antagonist and protagonist are female werewolves

9. elsin says:

Your welcome i have a problem will someone help me figure it out its on lunar behavior please read my comment and fill me in on whats going on with me thank you

10. ? lunar wolf says:

hopefully the others weres and wolves will have more faith in themselves in the future. i am looking forward to what may come to be a different type of race. a stronger and enduring race wil it be.

11. Jeremy says:

Has anyone seen this website its the science thing called Beer yeti and it saying werewolves are going TO ATTACK AUSTRALIA o_o why my country.

12. Aconissa says:

That sucks cause Im australian too…. We must protect ourselves! 😀

13. Wolfy.PT says:

Interesting.. But i have a weremate, a she-werewolf that lives really close to me xD so i already knew about that a long time ago… That fits too with that post of “werewolf romance”! We’re both werewolves, it couldn’t be better, we are always agree and happy, and our relationship is really strong ^^

my first post here on your site – i discovered it by accident, but i really loved your site and subbed to your emails, and i read always everything you post =) great job, keep on it 😉

14. @Wolfy.PT: Thanks for the kind comments about the site 🙂

15. lee ann says:

omfg you dummmbbbbbbb ppllll I need shots and bandaids sorry…

16. lee ann says:

omg when you call australia the operator has an australian accent XD XD XD we were like on the ground laughing from it hehe ^^

17. Aconissa says:

FYI lee ann, very few of us actually have the stereotypical accent. Sure, some people do, but normally, no. The crocodile dundee image is so wrong

18. Aconissa says:

@Buddy: Buddy, bad news. I just saw the merlin episode, and it wasnt a werewolf that he fell in love with, but a weird winged-panther thing. The commercial made it look like a werewolf though, probably because they were trying to appeal to people like us 😀

19. lee ann says:

hahahhaha the operator has an acccent though and thats about all that matters 😀 i freakin love australian accents!

20. Aconissa says:

oh. Then sorry for my little tantrum back there… I hate the aussie stereotype. 🙂

21. lee ann says:

eh no problem lol i get ur drift lots of canadian stereotypes too

22. lee ann says:

omg…. shush you -.-

23. Re-searcha says:

Jesus Christ, Mary, and Joseph. Ghana is out of the world cup? My God. I can’t believe this. They were so close. Just one more win and they would have been in the semis. It was 1-1 and Uruguay won on a penalty shoot out. Dam shame for Africa, those Ghanaian s had heart, way better than Nigeria. But oh Well. I guess fairy tale endings only exist in the movies.

By the way, the almighty Brazil lost as well. I wonder who is gonna win this thing in the end.

24. lee ann says:

lol obviously Ghana’s out the host’s teams always make the first elimination round but rarely get into the finales unless their good, the refs make some weird calls n stuff. Cant believe Brazils out that was my fallback team. Englands out though theyre my home blood and that game was just pathetic the goal was clearly offside Muller’s just a drit of a ref.