how many werewolves are there in the world
While it’s quite clear that the werewolf population in the world is incredibly small, humans are always wanting to know exactly who many there could be. Surely, they think, if there were any werewolves at all they would have seen or met one by now. And while it’s easy to say that the population is small, let’s put it into real numbers.
Here are the numbers:
- 684: So far, on our world population counter, where werewolves self-identify themselves, we have a total of 684 werewolves. (See world population counter).
- 1,500,000+: So far, there have been well over a MILLION visitors to ILW since the world population counter went up.
- 2,428,158,000 – This is the number of internet users there are in the world – around 2 BILLION.
- 7,067,480,878: This is the current world population – it is increasing by the second, but it should give you a general idea- around 7 BILLION people.
So, what does this mean? How does it translate? It means that of the visitors to ILW since we started our population counter:
- only .04% have identified themselves as werewolves.
- This represents .000028% of all internet users.
- And further, it represents .0000097% of the world.
In other words, if you’re a human in some corner of the world – you have virtually no chance of meeting or seeing a werewolf. In fact, you have a greater chance of being struck by lightening! And while yes, you are correct in thinking that our population counter only takes into account those werewolves that want to identify themselves and not those that don’t – the fact is that even if you were to assume that our counter only represents a tenth, or even a hundredth of the real werewolf population – it still leaves you with virtually no chance of ever meeting or seeing a werewolf.
So, what this means is that, if you are a human that doesn’t believe in werewolves just because you’ve never seen or met one, look at the numbers. The chances there would be one living in your area are miniscule, and then, we haven’t even gotten into the fact that as a human you probably would never even recognize them as a werewolf – unless they wanted you to know it. 😉