How to Survive a Werewolf Attack
If a werewolf decided to attack you,what would you do? Would you try to run? Would you hide? Would you stand your ground? Chances are if a werewolf truly has you in his or her sights, you don’t stand much of a chance…werewolves are stronger, faster, and smarter than humans! So, in short, there is no hiding from a werewolf…in short it’s best to never get spotted to begin with! But that can sometimes be hard too! Here are some tips to help you avoid an encounter:
1. Stay inside during full moon.
This tips seems rather obvious, however just because it’s obvious, doesn’t mean that humans heed it! So it is worth mentioning and reminding that staying inside during a full moon is perhaps one of the best ways to avoid a werewolf attack altogether. Now, keep in mind that this is not a fool-proof method, as werewolves do not transform only during the full moon…many are of course capable of transformations on any given night. Full moons are however a more powerful pull on many werewolves – especially newer ones with less control.
2. Cover up your human scent! (Stand upwind!) – Werewolves have excellent senses of smell….if a wolf’s sense of smell is estimated at being 100 times stronger than that of a human, well you can just imagine how much stronger a werewolf’s sense of smell is! If a werewolf catches scent of you, you can pretty much rest assured he/she will know exactly where you are. If you find yourself outside within view of a werewolf, and there’s any way you can manage it, try to position yourself upwind so that your human scent doesn’t reach the werewolf.
4. Stay in crowds, particularly at night. While this is not a fool-proof method to avoid an encounter, a werewolf will be less likely to reveal him or herself in the middle of a crowd of people. You’re better off – and safer off – in numbers.
3. Playing dead does not work. – If you think that there might be a werewolf nearby, get inside, hide, do your best to remain out of sight. Do not – and I repeat – do not – think you can stay in plain sight of a werewolf and avoid a confrontation by “playing dead”. While this may work on some animals in the wild, werewolves will not be fooled and will very much know if you are alive or not. By playing dead, you are doing nothing more than laying in wait for the werewolf to find you!
4. Yelling, insulting, and cursing a werewolf only enrages. – Remember, werewolves are not just animal instinct – they also still have human intelligence even in werewolf form. Do not therefore think you can scare the werewolf off by yelling insults or curses or becoming hyper confrontational with a werewolf. Unlike an animal which may become frightened by your aggressiveness, a werewolf will understand exactly what you are saying to it…and escalating curses and insults will do nothing but enrage the werewolf. Again, remain silent and try to stay hidden to avoid any encounter to begin with!