Moon Facts and Trivia!
1. You can only see 59% of the moon from Earth.
2. You only ever see one side of the moon from Earth!! The other side of the moon (or the dark side of the moon) remains hidden from view from Earth!
3. The moon is getting farther and farther away from the Earth! Each year it moves 1.5 inches away from Earth.
4. The moon is not a perfect circle – it is actually egg shaped!
5. The moon is approximately 4.5 billion years old.
6. There is water on the moon! Scientists have found up to a billion gallons of water ice in one of the moon’s crater!
7. When the astronauts left footprints on the moon, they remained – in fact, they will remain there for approximately 10 billion years!
8. There is a very odd structure on the moon that is called “the Shard”. “The Shard” is described as an obelisk-shaped object, and some scientists claim that they are hard-pressed to come up with any natural process that could have created it.
9. Some scientists think that the moon might be hollow because its size and gravity do not seem to relate properly!
10. People have seen unexplainable lights on the moon for centuries!