Thanksgiving Day Dog Show 2010 Winners!
Happy Thanksgiving! If you missed the Thanksgiving Day Dog Show 2010 (aka National Dog Show) today, you missed out. It featured over 2,000 dogs, and from those, they selected the best in breeds and show for 2010! If you’ve missed out, below is an overview of the dogs that were selected as winners. Did you know that the thanksgiving day dog show is presented by Purina and is one of the few remaining “benched shows” meaning that dogs are “benched” (in assigned areas) when not being judged, so that breeders, owners, spectators, etc. can meet them!
The Results: 2010 Best in Show!
The overall winner or Best In show for 2010 was a three year old Irish Setter named Clooney from Washington.
The winners in each dog group were:
- Sporting Group: Irish Setter named Clooney. Clooney was also named Best In Show!
- Hound Group: a Scottish Deerhound named Hickory. Hickory is a 4 year old female from Virginia.
- Herding Group: an Australian Shepherd named Beyonce. Beyonce is 3 years old and is from South Carolina.
- Toy Group: An affenpincher named Joe. Joe is a 3 year old from Massachusetts (but born in Belgium).
- Working Group: A Boxer named Scarlett. Scarlett is a 3 year old female from New York.
- Terrier Group: An American Staffordshire Terrier named Maddy. Maddy is only 2 years old (another female), and is from California.
- Non-Sporting Group: A schipperke named Johnny. Johnny is a 6 year old male from Connecticut.
New Dog Breeds Presented
There were six new dog breeds at the 2010 Thanksgiving Day Dog show, including the Boykin Spaniel, the Leonberger, the Can Corso, the Icelandic Sheepdog, the Bluetick Coonhound, and the Redbone Coonhound.