Werewolf fact or fiction: werewolf senses

Werewolves see in black and white – fact or fiction?

I believe this is FICTION. Werewolves see in color. Also, werewolf vision is relatively poor because their eyeballs are shaped like those of wolves. This means that a depression in the back of the werewolf eyeball prohibits them from seeing great distances…in other words, they are slightly near-sighted.
As for the other senses, the werewolf sense of smell is much stronger than that of a human…approximately 50 times stronger than a human (wolves sense of smell is 100 times stronger than humans, therefore werewolves – part human / part wolf are only half of that…50.) This explains how they have an uncanny ability to find prey in the dark. The sense of smell is the strongest of the werewolf senses.

Werewolf hearing is much better than those of humans. They can hear higher pitched noises than humans hear. One interesting similarity however with werewolf hearing and human hearing is that werewolf ears are positioned on the sides of the head, similar to humans, and their ears cannot rotate the way wolves or dogs ears rotate, they must turn their heads to pinpoint a sound. This means that werewolves have a fairly difficult time locating the exact location of a sound. They are about as good as humans at it, but not as good as other animals.

More werewolf fact or fiction can be found here.

1. Jo says:

good then.. ^^

2. 'Tara Kinney'...u'll see. ; ) says:

I have never seen anyone turn into a huge wolf, twilight is bs. also only when my friend’s dog gave him mange have i seen a bald werewolf like in harry potter but that was truer to from. van helsing (with hugh jackman) ‘s werewolf was dead on. our ears r up top & move freely. we see great. like f***ing sighthounds. & omg, ppl that don’t bathe get away!! far away!! oh & axe, don’t get me started on that crap! someone maced me with sh*t once, & i almost turned! school wasn’t good place 4 this werewolf…

3. 'Tara Kinney'...u'll see. ; ) says:

Oh & anyone ever had flees? (OUCH)

4. 'Tara Kinney'...u'll see. ; ) says:

p.s. i’m a christian & being a werewolf isn’t a curse, it’s a virus, kinda like rabies. i’ve never had any problem holding or being near a cross or church or bible. and the thing aboot werewolves hating large bodies of water…to each their own, i love water! & silver doesn’t burn me or any of that crap, although it does make my skin a tiny bit itchy. but then so does too much cat hair. 4 years ago when i got bit it flipped me out but now i’m used to this life, it’s all good… ; )

5. Greyr says:

wut? lol XD BOOM! HA!

6. @‘Tara Kinney’…u’ll see. ; ): You realize that being bitten and turning into a ‘werewolf’ is completely impossible right? There are only two ways to become what you commonly perceive as a ‘werewolf.’ One being born one, as a mental wolven. Through that the blood is gained. Blood being metaphorical for the most part. Second is being born of blood, through that gaining the spirit. But of course, with foolhardy, human, teen angst children such as yourself, you wouldn’t know that.
    I’m going to take a shot in the dark and say you think your life is so terrible that you need to find somewhere else to fit in. News flash sister, pretending to be something you’re not will just make your life worse on yourself. The real wolves here know how to tell the real and the fake. We can sense it. We can see through what you type to us. The energy you, either knowingly or unknowingly, put into what you write, most of us can sense it. Sensing your energy means we can sense you. Sensing you means we can tell whether you are telling the truth or not.
    My advice to you is to go join some Jacob Black Twilight fan base or something of the like, at least there your hopes and dreams wont get crushed right in front of you. You may think I am being mean or rude. I am just telling you how it is. It really irritates many kins how once borns claim to be who and what they are not. Just because they think it’s so ‘cool’ or ‘badass,’ no. This life is harder than the one you lead. You don’t have to hide anything. You don’t have to balance a mundane life and a Therian life. This is the cold hard truth. Love it, or hate it. Just don’t pretend to be something you are not. It’s the worst thing to do in communities such as these.

7. Lunar says:

@‘Tara Kinney’…u’ll see. ; ):
    I was going to say somthing, but zorath beat me to it. You should take his words of advise.

8. @Lunar: I think that’s the nicest way I have ever told someone who pissed me off the cold truth :/

9. Whoa Irony. I didn’t pay attention to what the topic was and I end up preaching about wolven senses :p good call on my part.

10. Lunar says:

@Sorath “Rayne” Coraxo:
    Well, it was a good comment all the same. I enjoyed it, nice or not >.<

11. Greyr says:

lol OWNED!!!!!!! XD

12. TrueDarkness says:

@Sorath, i enjoyed your long paragraph i am curious as to what you sense from me now?

13. @TrueDarkness: Well, as you said on facebook, my mate looks familiar, and to me you look familiar, I showed her a few pictures of you. She told me you looked familiar too. Funny thing is, you were in a dream of hers, in her dream you two were close friends. This dream happened like 3 months ago, but still. I think it’s very interesting that we should meet again, although I don’t remember you either.

14. Lunar says:

Its always nice to see close spiritual bonds

15. Lunar says:

I’m having to swallow my pride here and admit I’ve come across something I have no answer for and I need help from someone who does have the answer…

16. Greyr says:

@Lunar try sorath… lol XD maybe hell help you… XD

17. @Lunar: I can’t remember if the question was addressed or not. Inbox me if you need some answers.

18. Lunar says:

@greyr:
    Perhaps.

@Sorath:
    It has not been as of yet. I will inbox it to you soon

19. jack says:

Sorath you were kind of mean to tara…

20. @jack: Oh well, I told her the truth. It hurts. I tried to be nice and consider human emotion, but that is something I lost long ago. I run purely on instinct and kin emotion. Not my problem.

21. Lunar says:

Well to be honest, truth isn’t always nice, sometimes it just hurts. It’s not meant to be sugar coated with false hopes and dreams. If it is, the person never really gets the truth, they blow it off. It’s the blunt to the point cold hard truth that gets a point across.

22. jack says:

what r some sites or books where i can get some non bs info? is this a good one?

23. TrueDarkness says:

@Sorath: i think she was in my dream too, i can’t place where i have seen her, it would make sense that it was in a dream. interesting.