werewolves howl at the moon because….
Hmmm… I think there are only 2 possibilities on HOW a werewolf transforms, they are:
1. Involuntarily by the full moon
2. Voluntarily by meditation
I personally agree with Dnilan who says that the werewolf transformation happens through meditation. As I mentioned before, maybe when a person first becomes a werewolf it is involuntarily transformed by the moon, but over time they learn to “Control the Beast” as you say!
As far as why werewolves howl at the moon, here are the possibilities:
1. werewolves howl at the moon because they’re trying to locate other werewolves (this is similar to the reason wolves howl at the moon).
2. werewolves howl at the moon because whenever they see the moon they get mad and remember how painful it was to become a werewolf, so they howl in frustration and anger
3. werewolves are NOT actually howling at the moon….they just howl in general, and since it is almost always a full moon when they are werewolves, we ASSUME they are howling at the full moon..but really they are just howling to howl.
Those are all the reasons I can think of as to why a werewolf would howl at the moon. I personally believe #2. Why? because after they howl, what happens? no, no other werewolves appear. what happens is they go on an attack of some kind…and I think they attack out of anger and frustration. What do you think?