what you need to remember about 2014
Five days ago we said goodbye to 2014 and welcomed 2015 into our lives! While there were so many things that happened over the course of the year, before we say goodbye to the old year, here’s one final look at a few of the things that made 2014 memorable…
1. In 2014, as it has been every year, it goes without saying that a huge part of ILoveWerewolves has been the community of readers and followers that visit and join us daily, weekly and monthly. Among that group, our werewolf elders have helped make the site what it is today! They are an important part of our community and we thank them for their contributions! The final list of ILW werewolf elders for 2014 was:
- Lee Ann
- Madd Dogg
2. The first of four BLOOD MOONS started in April of 2014, and the second happened in October 2014. This rare lunar event will finish this year – with the third Blood Moon in April and the fourth Blood Moon in September!
3. The Werewolf Cat (aka Lykoi cat) made its way mainstream, and people began obsessing about how peculiar the feline looked. The few breeders that exist became inundated with requests for pictures and videos – now these curious cats can be found on facebook, youtube, and instagram (as well in a few people’s homes!)
4. Along with the werewolf cat, the werewolf diet also became more mainstream in 2014. Sometimes called the lunar diet or moon diet, the diet is focused around the lunar cycle. The diet has been very controversial, but even celebrities have stepped in to endorse it.
5. In 2014, researchers made it just a little bit harder for people to blindly ignore things they do not believe in – a real actual spellbook was found, a ghost was caught on camera, and a live chupacabra was recorded by TMZ!
To see what else happened in 2014 (or any other year!), be sure to check out our archives here where you’ll find plenty of topics, controversies, and discussions going all the way back to our beginnins in 2007! 🙂