identify werewolf prints and tracks

One of the most common methods humans use to track is by looking for prints or tracks in soft mud, sand, snow, and dirt.  They use prints to identify animals that have recently been in the area, and also to track animals they are hunting.  Werewolf prints and tracks are very difficult to identify through this method.  One reason is because werewolves are very good at walking lightly and hiding traces of themselves. Another is because humans do not really know what werewolf tracks look like.

When tracks / prints are identified as werewolves, there are generally two types of prints that are described.  The first track that they identify is a paw print with claws prominently displayed.  (See image below).  99% of the time this print is really that of a wolf, not a werewolf.  One clear way to identify them as wolf tracks are by looking at the grouping of the tracks.  Wolves have 4 feet, so if you find a clear continuous set of tracks, you can easily identify them as wolves by the number and grouping of the prints.  Another easy way to identify them as wolf tracks is to look for scat nearby.

The second type of print usually identified as werewolf, is the stereotypical print described most often in movies – that of a human foot print which over the course of a few paces becomes a wolf print.    This type of print is really more movie-myth and legend than actuality.  The truth is that werewolves, even when fully transformed, will not have prints resembling wolves – their prints will be much much larger, and much more human-like.

Identification of wolf tracks

Identification of wolf tracks

Facebooktwitterredditpinteresttumblrmail

1. lol im so bored i got back on here now that is bored

2. Mrbob says:

Were wolves don’t exist

3. Mrbob says:

LOSERS!!!!!!!!

4. Mrbob says:

There are no such things you noooooooooooooooooooooooooob

5. Shelly says:

Mo town is a retard lol lol lol they don’t exist loser

6. human says:

Aplha wolf Rayne, DaRcHoWl, Dark, BeTa WoLf TaYlOr, and Wolf Kilroy. you need to see what I see every day. I can’t look around. all I see is death. but I was the one that was decieve. I was blind in not knowing that the humans where going to kill your kind. the real name of the virus is the kornyis virus. I ran from the humans after changing. they tryed to kill me from being a werewolf. the humans are using the virus to kill off your kind. I sorry Idid not know. I ask for forgiveness for my sins. ples 🙁

7. human says:

8. dallas says:

were wolfs dont exist fakes your are pretending loser NOOBS

9. motown werewolf says:

were wolves dont exist i was faking so as every body the dont exist you wanna go loser fine bite me nothing will happen

10. RealLifeBella says:

Okay, One for all you none believers Werewolves do exist. Because It happens that Have to deal with 6 very moody werewolves. Okay!? NOW..Uhm..Werewolf Prints..Human like? Hahaha, Okay The only way they could be remotly human like is if they were “beserkers” Usually the prints look exactly like wolf prints but with long..Palm….Part….You know the part they put their pessure on..not the toes.

11. astyanax says:

hmmm…. -.- okay…

12. filippa says:

was my comment removed?

13. filippa says:

Hey ! My name’s filippa, I’d like to discuss with you wether or not you believe in werewolves, and the chances that there may be one near you live. Or in my case my summer cottage ^^.

Because the thing is I do suspect there’s something in the forest near our summer cottage. I’ve heard loud (extremely!), husky screams or howls. I’ve also discovered weird footprints, that i can’t understand what they’re from. They’re very big, bigger than a human’s, but not longer. It almost looks like two human feet put together, only they have the same heel. What’s even weirder is that there’s only one footprint in front of another, not like in a “group” of 4 as if it would be if it was like a wolf or something.

Also, i have a picture of the print, if anyone wants to take a look at it, please let me know 🙂 !

14. filippa says:

Here’s the footprint ! Please check it out and discuss what u think it may be !

The footprint’s size is, as i said, about as big as a human’s , only it’s wider and “rounder”. Also, there was only one footprint in front of another, so it was not an animal with 4 feet.

15. Lycanhope says:

It was probably removed because you psted the same thing on the other topic, and I answered it there if you’d bothered to check. Not werewolf tracks, werewolves are exactly like wolves so they aren’t bipedal or have funny paws.

16. filippa says:

oh okay, so werewolve’s tracks are exactly like a wolf’s ? I’ve heard so many other versions of how a werewolf track looks like. how do i know which one is correct?

17. filippa says:

by the way, do u have any idea what it could be? the track

18. Lycanhope says:

One way to check your sources is a) if they claim to be werewolves or b) claim to know all about werewolves, ask what animals were reatures can turn into and ask if they can grow bigger or smaller depending on the animal. If they say any animal or that you change size they are POSERS, and not very well informed ones. Everyone knows that the Law of Conservation of Matter means you cannot change your mass because that would involve creating or destroying matter, so very small and very large animals are struck of the list. Wolves are possible because they are within human mass levels, as are some other animals. As to your tracks, no clue, but I’ll guess bear.

19. legoR3C2 says:

@filippa: it could be a deer or elk or a cyote

20. lonewolfforever147 says:

ive lost lots of people in war but not as many as you