so you think you dont believe in werewolves

From time to time we get some people on here that say that want to know how can / why do people people believe in werewolves. They say that the belief in werewolves is a ridiculous one. They say that werewolves don’t exist.

I want to address those commenters that think that just the very belief in werewolves is ridiculous.  And I’ll start by pointing to the fact that there are whole religions that are based upon the belief in animal / human creatures. There are whole cultures and civilizations that have espoused these ideas – cultures that predate our modern society.  These beliefs are as ancient as the human race….starting way back with prehistoric religions – archaeologists have shown that Middle Paleolithic societies practiced totemism (a kinship or relationship with a “spirit” animal). A look at Mesoamerican religions is full of half human / half animal beliefs – and we find many figurines, statues, and representations depicting these half human / half animal gods and beings.  A look at ancient Egyptian religions reveals even more half animal / half human beliefs.  In fact, one of the oldest statues in the world – the Great Sphinx of Giza – represents a half human, half lion (body of a lion, head of a woman, wings of a bird).  Hindu religion is full of half animal / half human deities. I could keep naming religions, but the fact is that most iconic religions (religions that use images) represent their gods as half human half animal.  And this is just religion.  I haven’t even touched on the the myths, legends, stories, folklore, reports, and sightings that abound.

So to those who ridicule the belief in werewolves, do you also ridicule these many religions that have centered their whole belief system around half animal / half human gods?   I hope not.  Millions upon millions of people have held these beliefs going back as far as humans have been around.  And the fact is, it is newer to believe in nothing, than to believe in something.  So those of you who believe in nothing are the minority.  And I encourage you to keep an open mind as you are here, and consider the millions of people before you throughout the world and history that have found some reason to believe in half human / half animals.

Facebooktwitterredditpinteresttumblrmail

1. Greyr says:

i will not say anything.. this conversation pisses me off… -.-

@zach nice way to put…! XD
    i will never tell!!!! hell and torment forever! XD

2. Greyr says:

from every broken dream, a blade is forged… XD random yet different meanings good luck

3. WaterfallWolf says:

@Greyr: Good one, is that your or is that from somewhere?

4. zach says:

hello everyone

5. preston says:

hey zach wats up dude

6. zach says:

nm preston just romeing around

7. preston says:

i just got out of a girl fight my gf is funny she got called a well i will leave it out and the girls boy friend tryed to hit me i sent him flying

8. preston says:

that coment realy pises me off every one has somthing to belive in my gf belives in ghoust werewolfs and vampires and people still dont belive and the evedence is right in front of them its horrible

9. preston says:

well ummmmmm oh ya zach the girls boy friend came fom behind me when i hit him and she had high heels on and kicked it hurt so bad i howed so loud

10. zach says:

lol nice dude bet that sucked

11. zach says:

oh and ur gf and u should both belaive in also, ghouls, zombies, nekos, and alot more lol

12. preston says:

i do and i have been trying too tell her about the were thing

13. WaterfallWolf says:

@Both of you: No comments on what you have said. (This message is not to be responded to).

14. WaterfallWolf says:

(Off topic)

One can not run before they learn to walk.

Bruises heal but lies are forever.

We are what we think.

Some of these are made up some of these are from somewhere.

15. Greyr says:

@WaterfallWolf:
    its a word i say as random and most likely the thing i thought up when i encountered someone else, which means… it aint mine 😉

16. Greyr says:

ok make that a sentence and now with the miss ILWS hmm… ill tell the winner by tommorow! 😉

17. Greyr says:

@WaterfallWolf:

and wait… what do you mean by is that your?… what do you refer by the word you said as

“your”

18. WaterfallWolf says:

I was trying to ask if you made that sentence up.

19. Meaghan says:

i dont understand why my name was put on that list lmao……….buttt okayyy :/

20. the winner for MISS ILWS 2010 isssssss…..!!! Lunar!!!!!!!
    Greyr: now lunar… what do you want to do now as the new MISS ILWS 2010?

Lunar: why thank you greyr… it is an honor to be crowned as MISS ILWS 2010(Two – Oh – Ten).. and I would like to anounce WORLD PEACE MUAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH! ooopppsss…. did anyone just hear my laugh?(I will kill all the witnesses) sorry about that.. i think i got soooo excited lol ^-^

Greyr: so there you have it… Lunar! MISS ILWS 2010! lol XD

21. @WaterfallWolf:
    yes… i did made that one up XD but its not that new either… XD

22. JulieBear says:

hey everyone ive been on here before but i never could determine where to start to learn more about in my case werewolves… if anyone coudl plz contact me maybe to guide me to the right information plz

23. @JulieBear:

i am not so sure about anything… lol but hey… you still look familiar lol